I have already posted this information in: How To Take Your Band To The Next Level Online, but I thought it was worth a posting by itself!
Target Fan Profile Checklist
From your 10 true fans (who tend come to gigs) and 10 other loyal fans, create a target fan profile of your ideal fan by investigating their similarities. Use social media and the art of conversation to extract the information, you will soon build up an intimate understanding of your target fan :) Here are a few ideas:
- Where do they live, is location important to you? Postcode information can be helpful!
- Do they live in a little village or a big city?
- Where do they hang out? Birds of a feather flock together ;)
- What about climate, is that an issue?
- Age (average & range 25 - 60), sex (males% females%) and marital status?
- Occupation and education? Income is difficult to acquire!
- And other demographic factors like, habits, attitudes, tastes and moral standards?
- What is their fashion style? Where do they buy their clothes?
- What is your target fan’s general personality like?
- Their behaviour and life-style choises, do they buy their music from iTunes and listen to it on their iPhone?
- How do they normally listen to music?
- Are they consistently active users of social media, do they have a favourite like twitter?
- How many friends/followers have they got?
- If they work, are they on the net at lunchtime, what time, when?
- When (what time of day) are they active on social media?
- What type of internet connection are they using?
- When you release a new album, are they excited - in what form do they buy it?
- How did they find out about your band?
- Is there a third party online/off-line who recommended them?
- Do they look for and talk about other independent blues bands?
- Are they listening to and following other blues bands? - who are they?
- Are they knowledgeable champions of blues music?